Thursday, December 8, 2022

Continuing On This Journey

 Ever since it was impressed upon me the whole idea of choosing 

 life and blessing 

instead of death and cursing I have had a great deal of experiences in which to test my resolve. 

This past week has been full, it seemed, of situations in which I was brought to the test of which I would choose. Many times this week found me saying, out loud, "I choose Life," But let me warn you, just because you choose life and blessing does not mean that the trial or temptation goes away instantly. Yes! Sometimes it does but this week I experienced a few situations in which I kept having the temptation to run the issues in my mind over and over as if I were on a hamster wheel. And I kept having to step off the wheel and say - "NO- I choose life. I choose blessings. And I have a feeling that I will continue to have issues and temptations that try to get me back on the hamster wheel of negativity. But the more times I choose life and blessing the more I will be reminded of the choice I have. 

As I was dealing with one of the issues this week I looked up Deuteronomy 30:19 and found a beautiful translation of it: 

 Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses.

Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make.

Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!

Deuteronomy 30:19

Not sure the translation but was first thing when I Google verse 🙂

I may be having my resolve tested as to which I will choose- but thankfully I now know that I have this choice to make and I am doing my best to choose life and to choose blessings! Please join me in doing the same! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity