Thursday, October 6, 2022

A few EXTRA minutes spare today....

 I have a few minutes and thought I would jump on here to say a quick hello! 

So one of the things that we have been working on that is keeping us busier than usual - is building a new chicken coop. We have 9 chickens and have not been getting very many eggs at all- in fact we had not gotten any eggs at all for the past couple of months. Then a couple of days ago I found this: 


An old tin building we made into a chicken coop- years ago. When my husband built a slightly larger coop- we moved this one so they could use it for shelter from weather. As you can see the tornado blew it around and bent it up - but they happily  have started laying there. I moved these eggs- and places a few fake eggs there - chickens love to lay where other chickens lay, so if I had just gotten these lovely eggs and not replaced them - there is a huge chance that chickens would NO longer they there. Well the very next day I found 1 real egg with the fakes and today - I have already seen a chicken sitting there - so we should get at least 1 egg today. It feels great to finally be getting some eggs again. But we are still in process of building a 10x10 coop - and will be ordering 25 chickens from McMurry- after we are prepared for the baby chicks! And in about 6 months we will be giving eggs to family and selling a few to help pay for feed. 

This week I have been able to harvest a few eggplants, okra and some cherry tomatoes- I also have kale and swiss chard growing. I really want to plant some beets, rutabaga, radishes, and carrots- I just haven't had a chance yet. Hoping I can this week end. 

Well that is about all the time I have. I hope you all are doing well. I will get on and up date as I can. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar