Wednesday, March 21, 2018

incomparable riches of God's grace

As you know this year I have been really focusing on learning what I can about "Grace" ~ as I have found out it is a very important topic to study and is intertwined with love and faith. A couple of weeks ago I found a great book on grace at my favorite little thrift store - the one that I can get books for only 50 cents to a dollar! What a deal!! I started reading this book this week and will probably be sharing a bit of it here and there throughout my time reading it.

As you read the quote below, please notice I have taken the time to gather the verses referred to in the parenthesis below the quotes- be sure and reference them.




"I want others in the church that I love- others who also grew up in the guilt-laden years when so many of us put ourselves, our achievements, and our obedience at the center of our faith, as well as others who are searching for that center today- to find the peace (Romans 5:1; John 14:27) and the confidence (Hebrews 4:16) that comes from the "abundant provision" of Gods incredible saving grace (Romans 5:17). If that describes your experience, please keep reading. Don't be afraid to "set your hope fully" (1 Peter1:13) on the "incomparable riches of [God's] grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:7), "who came from the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1;14) and "through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand"(Romans 5:2).

Romans 5:1~Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,                            

John 14:27~Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.                  

Hebrews 4:16~ Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

         
Romans 5:17~For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)                            

1 Peter1:13~ Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Ephesians 2:7~that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

John 1:14~And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.                            

Romans 5:2~through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.                            

************************************************************
Something cool I just realized- on the last page of this book it has a page that says "If you found this book inspiring and thought-provoking, you will want to read these other books as well"
Well it lists 3 books and as I read through the list, I realized that several weeks ago I found another book on grace -hadn't felt lead to read it yet but could tell it would be a great book. Well now I found out why I got it and why I hadn't read it yet- it wasn't quite time. It is "A Strange Place for Grace" by Jon L. Dybdahl. I am thinking it will be the next book I read!

Here is what is sad about this book(this is on the page at the end of the book I am reading now):

"Do the Bible's stories reveal a hidden personality disorder in the Creator of the universe? Is He "sometimes up, and sometimes down," exhibiting a happy-go-lucky, forgiving attitude of grace one day, but striking sinners dead the next? If you've struggled to see how the stories of the Old Testament and the New can fit together to give us a consistent picture of God, you will find answers, here- not pat answers, but ones that really wrestle with the questions."

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an interesting book! I am so glad you have a thrift store where you can get such good deals! I have a thrift store like that as well, and it has blessed me so!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)