Thursday, May 18, 2023

Catching Up

So last week I shared how I was looking at my grandson would be able to be on schedule better with me getting him earlier. Well I guess I spoke too soon because his schedule has been a bit messed up since then. Today was another 1 nap day... they are more difficult for sure. 

Well I did decide to get our little sandbox set up for him. We got a fresh bag of sand and put it on the deck. We are beginning to spend more time outside. I think that will help us make it through several months of long days through the summer. Just one more week till it is the long days with the grandson. I am doing what I can to make it easier. 

So since I had to take an Amazon package to a Kohls in a town nearby - I decided to make it a fun shopping day. My Mom went with me - we briefly looked around Kohls but decided to move on to our other stops- I am glad we did. Prices at Kohls are a lot higher than what I like to spend on clothes. We went to a thrift store and to the Goodwill in that town. I found 2 tunics tops there. On Tuesday my husband and I had an appointment in the afternoon and I was running lower than I like to on gas in my car so I headed to town again. This time I got gas, went by the Dollar Tree - there are a few good prices there but be careful because there are things there that are more expensive than Walmart and/or Aldis's. Then I went to a plus sized consignment store- the one that I take clothes to - to sell. I had $45.00 credit! I found 3 great tops at this store and left the store with money still there in my account for my next shopping trip. Which will be next week! I have an appointment to take some clothes in. So I will continue to have credit when I go in. It is really nice to have that opportunity. I am so glad I went through all of my clothes and pulled out quite a bit- some to give away and some to sell. And I have room in my wardrobe to find new favorites! 

Since I spent so much time shopping and have fun on Monday and Tuesday - I made a point on Wednesday to work out in the yard/garden after my grandson was picked up on Wednesday. 3 hours of work and I felt more caught up than I have felt in a while. I am working on my list of things I still  need/want to do. Sometimes you need to get out and enjoy life -whether that takes you for a few hours shopping or a few hours in the garden! 

Well I have a few things I want to do before my study group meeting tonight. I think we will only have one more after tonight. I am hoping that our church will do more things like this. I have enjoyed it. I am glad I was able to get things done up and able to get back to going. I had to miss a few there for a while because I just had too much to do. I am reorganized my life. And had to let a few things go for a bit. But thankfully I am catching up and able to go. 

Ya'll take care maybe I can find a bit of time next week to get on here and do a bit of a catch up. May God bless you! :O)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity