Thursday, July 14, 2022

Wow...Just Wow

 Feeling a bit down today. A quick show went through the area and we got .01 inch is all. Then a local news station posted a map of the area with different areas in different areas shaded in different colors showing - what kind of drought that area was in: 

  • moderate
  • severe
  • extreme 
  • exceptional 
Guess where we landed? Yep- extreme..... ugh

I have also been noticing that our area has been in unhealthy air area as well - funny thing in there are LARGE cities nearby and sometimes our area is worse than them - it does not make sense to me. Maybe I am feeling a bit cursed.... sorry for the negativities - I am just tired and also in shock - I hadn't shared this part yet. It deserves its own paragraph for sure. 

So last month our electric bill was high - but there had been 2 other times that it had been higher since we lived in this house - like over 20 years. And I knew it would be higher this month - I just did not realize it would be $567!!! Ugh - it was like $372. last month - I had guessed it would be in the $400 area - not almost $600. 

And don't forget we still need to get the south side of our yard fenced- still waiting our turn to have that done. And we are hopefully going to be able to get our roof done sometime in the next month. So many things that need to be done around here and it had been SO hot. Last month we had 12 days of triple digit heat and 11 so far this month. Today would have been number 12 in a row but we had the "storm come through. And lowered the temps, thankfully. But of course on my long range forecast - it is showing every day through the 28th of the month 100 or higher- most are showing closer to 105...ugh...

So trying to look at positive things- I would rather have a high electric bill than no AC - so I am very thankful for a cool house - not everyone has that. And I am thankful for now we have the money to pay our electric bill. Praise God for that. 

If you would - I would SO appreciate you to pray that we could get some relief in temperatures and that would get some measurable rain fall. Thank you so much! 

2 comments:

  1. That IS a huge bill! I am so sorry, but yes, it is good to remember that we are both blessed to have the A/C! Praying you get relief from the extreme heat soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!