Monday, July 11, 2022

Miracles and Freedom

 As I was scrolling through Facebook memories at the end of June,  I realized that it was a very significant time period in my life~ Miracles and Freedom.

One year ago is when I had Covid. I had had it for 11 days so it was a pretty big surprise when on day 12- with just walking to my sewing room -the room next to my bedroom - I started coughing and having a hard time breathing. The machine for me to do my breathing treatments was in there. God worked a miracle by helping me get the magic meds on a Sabbath morning!! My husband was out of town and I was by myself but God gave wisdom to know what to do. And family and friends came together to bring me the needed items. My husband didn't get home until the afternoon of the next day. I don't think he realized how very sick I was. I had been in pretty good shape on Friday when he left, but not anymore. When he realized what bad shape I was in he wanted me to o to the hospital and he and one of my sons almost had me convinced to go when miracle #2 happened! As my husband is on the phone to my son and I am about to give in and let him take me to the hospital (I did NOT want to go to the hospital) the local fire dept. and ambulance pulled into our driveway. After they checked me out and found out I had started the meds that actually work against this virus the day before, they reassured us that we had done all we could do and that now it was just a matter of time before I would be better. Drink lots of water and try to keep moving were the instructions that they left me with. Praise the Lord- this unexpected visit kept me from going to the hospital. 

And I can't forget the miracle of God laying it on the heart of a fellow church member who, she herself had had Covid before and knew about "Boost Oxygen" canisters. And so she brought me a canister. This really helped me get through the worst of it. 

So how does freedom come into the picture? Well we have to go back 8 years to answer this question. 

My husband and I went camping. As we were driving I was hot and decided to take my hat off. I had been wearing a hat because I only had about a centimeter of hair. I had just finished chemo just a little over a month before and my hair was slowly growing back but I had still been self conscience about it- so I had continued to wear my hats. On the trip, because there was no way we would run into anyone we know- I began to to I said, "I am NOT wearing the hat again." What freedom I felt! I am so glad that God got me through these experiences. ANd I am thankful they were in my memories in order for me to see the significance of this weekend. 

And as I was writing this post in a journal - the verse on the last page of this journal- was this verse:

"If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." 

John 8:36

The perfect verse for what I was writing! 


"I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; 

I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You. 

I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High," 

Psalms 9:1-2 NKJV 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!