Thursday, February 15, 2018

Which Are You?

There are two types of people.

Encouragers and Discouragers

Thankfully we usually have some of each kind of people in our lives. Well I say thankfully only because I would hate to only have discouragers in my life. Life is hard enough to deal with already - we really don't need anyone trying to bring us down with their unrealistic expectations from us. Thankfully God brings into our lives those who encourage us and lift us up above the storm clouds in life.

There are two types of people ~ Encouragers and Discouragers

Do you know which category you would fall under?  

I think that many times we vacillate between the two. It all comes down to the choices we make each day. It comes down to the words we choose. Are our words uplifting? Or do they drag people down.

This week I have dealt with some discouragers - I don't even know if they realize that they are discouragers by the words they choose to say.

Those discouraging words can have a very negative impact on us. They can cause unnecessary stress. They can cause a bad nights sleep...or two.

We can't control other people and which category they choose to live under, but we can choose which category we want to live under. We can choose to be uplifting to those we come in contact with. We can be kind - even to those who are discouraging to us. It is in the choices that we make. Let's choose to be encourager. There is enough negativity in the world. Let's let our lights shine for Jesus. Allow Him to love people through us.
  

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Oh Lord, put a watch over my mouth, and let me see others through YOUR eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar