Sunday, February 6, 2011

Caught Up/ Quilting Update

Alright - so the good news is my washer finally got thawed out and I was able to get my laundry caught up and I even pulled the sheets off of the bed and washed. The last two days we have had the sun out and about 90% of the snow/ice stuff has melted. We were so thankful for some pretty weather. It looks like we will be getting another round of sleet/ice/snow on Wed.

Oh and of course ~ I got out and got groceries today. I was a bit worried because a friend of mine went to a Wal-mart and was talking about how wild it was and that a lot of the shelves were empty. Well I planned out what I wanted to get from Krogers. I was so pleased with a lot of great deals. Then went across the street to Wal-mart and got the rest of the things that we needed. I was able to get everything that I wanted and the only thing I did not get was the BBQ Pringles for my husband - but I got a great deal on Chex mix so he will be taken care of for a while. Oh and I am not sure if everyone has the same sale but I was able to get Del Monte canned corn, peas and green beans for 26 cents a can! Now I know that Frozen is better for you and fresh is even better, but - it is good to have some of these things just in case we have another round of wild weather - if nothing else it would be good food for my chickens.

So I told ya'll a while back that I was working on my 30's quilt blocks from a Block of the Month - I think from last year. Well I am sorry that I was not able to get better photos and more photos but I did the best I could -with my cell phone.

So first I had to add these extra pieces to each block to make the blocks bigger and set it up for another pattern on the quilt. Just wait - you will see it.

Here is when I had 3 of the strips together.
And I was able to finish it this afternoon.

I think I will probably use the floral fabric for a border and then use the blue for the binding. These photos do not do the colors justice but it does give you an idea of what it looks like. Don't look too closely, because I am not a perfect quilter - I like to say that the flaws on my quilts make them uniquely mine. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar