Thursday, December 9, 2010

Non-Dairy Pumpkin Pie

Non-Dairy Pumpkin Pie

1/3 C. Honey
3 T. + 1 tsp. Brown Sugar, not packed
1 2/3 C. Mori-Nu Lite tofu, extra firm
1 C. Pumpkin, canned
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 - 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 - 9" Graham cracker crust, Arrowhead Mills -(There was a reason for using this brand but I don't remember- but you can use what you would like.)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend first 6 ingredients until creamy, stopping blender to stir contents.
3. Pour into pie shell and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees, reduce heat to 350 and continue baking or an additional 35 minutes. May cover edge of crust half way through baking cycle to prevent over baking.
4. Chill completely before serving.
5. Delicious served with Cashew topping. (I will share this recipe later)

I was very surprised at how good this pie tasted. It is a recipe(as is all the recipes I have shared so far) worthy of being added to my recipe binder. I will show that on another post. I hope you all have a great day! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)