Monday, May 6, 2019

Like a Domino Effect...

Last week I spent a good amount of time working on organizing my pantry. My pantry is the size that you have room to maybe step inside of the pantry and shut the door- but usually my trash can sits there so it really isn't a walk in pantry. But it is so much more room than what I had before we moved here- so I love it!

First I took every thing out of the bottom of the pantry and cleaned up the floor and threw stuff away or found another spot for it. Then organized the stuff that I put back in nicely. Then I tackled the bottom shelf. I took everything off the shelf and I wiped down the shelf and then I looked through the stuff and looked at dates on stuff and put the things that need to be used up soon out front, things with a longer shelf life I put at the back of the row. Then I worked on the next two shelves. Everything looked so nice when I was done. I still have the top shelf to do but have put it off. I may do that next week.

What I found was that once I took care of the floor of the pantry and saw the nice difference it made it encouraged me to tackle the other shelves. I even was able to get my fish tank cleaned and my carpets cleaned. And to be perfectly honest - I had had "Clean Carpets" on my to do list for over a month- each week it got moved to the bottom of priority. So it felt great to finally get that done!

So if you have some jobs that you really need to get done but just keep putting them off. Maybe try to tackle a job that will make a difference in how it looks. Clean an area that you don't always pay attention to and maybe you too will find a burst of energy to get more jobs done. Sometimes we have to just tell ourselves - "You WILL get this job done today." Sometimes we have to make a deal with our selves - get this job done and then you can do something fun. It always makes it funner and easier to do the job when there is a reward on the other side.

Wondering what jobs I will get done this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar