Friday, December 16, 2022

I didn't know, but I chose life

 So 9 years ago I got the devastating news that cancer had been found when I had a hysterectomy. I ended up having 6 rounds of chemo- carbo/Taxol. 14 days after my very first chemo treatment - I started losing my hair. I know I have shared this with you before but I needed to share this part to give a back drop to what I wanted to share today. 

As a woman, losing your hair can be a big deal. So as you can imagine showers were a bit of a hard thing -because I was reminded that I had no hair. It would be a very emotional ordeal. And I began to sing the chorus of the song "10,000 Reasons" :


I probably sang this songs hundreds of times through the 6 months without hair. When I began to feel emotional I would start singing this over and over. 

As I was showering one day this week - I was reminded of this memory and it struck me - how I had faced these emotional times and I choose life. I had no idea that this was what I was doing at the time but as I look back over this time period I believe that by keeping my focus on God and worshiping Him- I was able to keep a more positive outlook. No those 6 months were not roses and sunshine- but when the emotional times can I tried to keep from falling too far into the pit. And I truly believe that by choosing to sing this chorus helped me to choose life and to choose blessings. 

I had no idea that we have that choice to make. And it depend on where we allow our minds to dwell- as to if we are choosing life or death; blessings or death. But God led in this area of my life as well. I had no idea - but I still chose life. I still chose blessings!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity