Wednesday, December 28, 2022

A Late Open Christmas Letter to You!

 An open Christmas letter- sorry it is late. 

So I know that many times people write out letters of what all they have done and such. But I would like to do something a little different. I would like to share with you what I learned this year. I hope that it blesses you as it blessed me.

 

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

Lamentations 3:22-24

 

Just as God’s mercies are new every morning –in a way so is our brain because we get new baby brain cells each day. And it is our choice what we will do with them. When we think negative thoughts it actually damages the brain cells, but when we choose to think positively it is actually helpful to our brain cells and also to our health.

 

When the negative thoughts come into our thoughts – we have a choice right then of what we want to do with them. This verse in Deuteronomy shows us what choices we have:

 

Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!

 Deuteronomy 30:19

 

Our choice is between

life and death,

blessings and curses.

 

Ever since I learned this important lesson – I have had many challenges trying to test my resolve. Will I choose life? Will I choose blessings? Sometimes I have found myself saying “I choose life!” or “I choose blessings!”

 

9 years ago when I lost my hair do to chemo – I had a very challenging time when shower time came – I had no hair to wash and it would be a very emotional time for me. But I began to sing a little verse over and over when I would feel the sad emotions welling up.

 

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I’ll worship Your Holy name

 

I didn’t realize it but I was choosing life! And I truly believe that this mindset is one of the reasons why I was able to get through 6 sessions of 2 powerful chemos without having my blood counts dip too low. I am so thankful that even though I did not realize that dwelling on the negative things would only bring my health down, that God led me to choosing life. That He helped me to turn my focus off of me and onto Him and by doing so I was choosing life.

 

I still sing the above chorus now and then and have added this as well.

 

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see:
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

 

The closer we come to the end of time the more and more challenges we will face but God calls us to choose life and to choose blessings.

I hope that you, too, will choose life and blessings.

 

May God bless you in a special way today and draw you closer to Him as you choose life! And I hope you are blessed in the process. :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity