Thursday, April 19, 2018

A Key to Success

Good morning! During my devotional time this more I was given an important key to weight lose for that matter really to any problem you may be facing. For me personally it is weight lose. As you know I set a goal to lose 50 pounds by age 50. I have lost 30 pounds and still have 20 pounds to go, but  I have been on a plateau for a while. It has been discouraging but I continue on. But this morning I have found what I think is a secret to success.

I am currently reading Morris Venden's book, How To Know God's Will In Your Life. This ninety-five page book goes over 8 important steps to knowing God's will in making decisions. Today's lesson comes from step 7.

The secret to weight lose (or really every problem- maybe to life in general) is that it comes down to us realizing that it is "God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" Philippians 2:12-13.  Chapter Seven goes on to say " No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate one the one, and love the other,; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." Matthew 6:24.  "Choose... Whom you will serve" another way of saying it might be, "Choose whose servant you will become." Pg 79  "It is impossible to surrender one's power of choice to more than one authority at a time." Pg.80

In order to have God as the one who guides us we need to surrender to Him, otherwise we will find that by not choosing God as our master, that Satan is then in control of us. All we have to do is look at a couple of key Bible verses to see that it is a bad idea to have Satan as our master.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter5:8

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Here we see the two choices again. And it's obvious what is the better choice~ the one that leads to an abundant life.

So to summarize ~ We have to make a choice of whom we will serve. We know that if we do not choose to serve God is that the default is us serving Satan. And we know that all he wants to do is destroy us. I think "life and to have it more abundantly" sounds like a much better choice. When we choose to serve God and allow Him "to will and to do of His good pleasure" in our lives we will have the strength to make up the better choices that we face each day. And the very best choice we can make is to serve God. This choice is a daily choice. Choose to serve Him today.

I will end this with part of a song that is also shared in this chapter of the book. The song is "Have Thine Own Way, Lord"

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter; I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o'er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!