Thursday, July 9, 2015

RIP Dewie

Yesterday if became very apparent that Dewie was dying. He went down hill quickly. He spent the whole day in our bathroom. And as the day progressed it became more obvious that he was so weak that he could not get up. And when he tried he would cry out some- not horribly loud but enough to get our attention. It made for a rough day. My granddaughter was here and she was very concerned. I knew he was not in good shape and that we would be loosing him but once I realized how close it was I could not keep a brave face any longer. I spent a lot of time crying yesterday. And just sharing this is causing me to feel emotional about it so I will share a little bit about this sweet buddy of mine.
 
He loved to be where I was - even if it meant the sacrifice of fitting into a tight space:
 
 And of course when I would be working on a quilt - many times I would find him curled up on it - or in this case on my ironing board on top of pieces of fabric!
 
Dewie and Stewie- brothers loved each other and loved to sleep together!
 
Once my husband got home from work - he took Dewie to the Vet and we had him put down. His suffering had to stop.
Please continue to keep our family in your prayers.
Pets become part of the family and we will miss him.
Today I am thankful for my granddaughters presence - I think it is helping me to be distracted. I think once July is over - it will hit me even harder. As he was a loyal friend. He loved to sleep with me at nights and I loved his companionship.
 

3 comments:

  1. very sorry for your loss, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand--my Pumpkin is like that for me, sleeping with me each night, etc. That is really amazing that the two male cats loved each other like that--pretty rare! Stewie will be missing his brother as well! You remain in my prayers. I also pray for God to send you tokens of His love each and every day, to show you that He knows and He also cares about Dewie and about you! And I look forward to heaven, when we will not miss our special furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you lost Dewie! There's nothing like a cat friend, and I know you'll miss him a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)