Monday, April 13, 2015

A Treasure Found

Hello~ So sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here and share what we found out.
Right now it looks like my MIL has Lung cancer- stage one. However, she has several tests that will be run this week to see if the cancer has spread. It will be a busy week for her and I for sure. I will be taking her for her PET scan on Wednesday and then Friday she has to have a stint put in- so my husband and I will be taking her for that. If she has to have a stint- (not 100% percent - or just the Dr not wanting to tell her for sure that she is having to spend the night at this point. But if she does ( which she probably will) get a stint put in she will be spending the night.
Anyway I have an appointment to get my hair cut this week. It has only been 5-6 weeks - I am certainly ready for a hair cut. It seems that the hair in the front is growing much faster than my hair in the back. I will be asking why that is. And maybe it's not but it really does seem like it is. My hair is about collar length- like if I wear a top with a collar the hair hits the collar- it's great- but man - I miss my longer hair. And it seems that I notice everyone with long beautiful hair now. It's like they are coming out of the wood work....
 
Ok - So I wanted to share a blessing with you all.
Last week I went to a favorite little thrift shop in a nearby town and I found a really great deal. Something that I had not even been looking for but so thankful that I found it.
It is upholstery fabric! That will work perfectly for our antique chairs for our kitchen table. We got my husband's grandparent's table- the kind that has two drop sides- we believe it is a Duncan Phyfe table and the chairs that we have for it- have been reupholstered by us - but not by as luxurious fabric as this is. This is thick, great quality fabric- and I was able to get enough fabric to take care of the chairs- for only $5.00! I was thrilled with such a blessing. I had not idea that I was looking for something like this but I am so thrilled that I found it.
 
 
Well in just a few days our baby chicks will be 2 months old. They are growing so fast. I will try to get a photo of them soon to post so you can see how cute they are - they are like small little chickens.
 
Well we are slowly getting things done around here. This week end we wrote out a list of short term and long term things that we want to take care of.  By having the thing written down - I am hoping that we will be able to slowly work through the lists. Today I was able to get our carpets cleaned - and marked off of our list.
 
I feel like I am missing some things that I wanted to share - but if I have I'll try to get on soon as share.
 
I hope you all are doing well. I am doing pretty good. Will get on again as soon as I can. :O)
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your fabric! Such a happy blessing when we find things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I will keep your MIL in my prayers for sure. How is it for you to jump back into that whole thing?
    Your material looks great! And it will be so durable too. A Duncan table? That's amazing!!
    I'm glad you are doing well. I am still in PT for rehab on the broken leg. I'm doing better too :)
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)