Monday, February 16, 2015

Just Plugging Along and Getting Things Done....

So this week end we had beautiful weather and we were able to get the roof redone on our chicken pen. And we also were able to get a lot of work done in the chicken pen. The laying bins were cleaned out. We shoveled out a good layer of chicken manure and such - out of the chicken shed and the bigger chicken pen(dog run). We got a big metal rectangular thing that we are going to use in our chicken shed - to hold the baby chicks for the first week or so. It helps limit where they can go until they get big enough to be safe in the chicken shed area. We are getting ready because next Tuesday our baby chicks will be hatching and we will be getting them shortly after that!

Tomorrow I need to run to town, to the TSC and see what supplies I can get from there. I am hoping that I can find the things I need locally- it would save us a lot of money. One site- I can find the 3 things for pretty reasonable price - but with shipping and handling it cost quite a bit. So I will be going to the local place to see if I can find the stuff I want. And HEY - I just thought of a great Feed Store in a town nearby that I want to check out - I figure they will have what I am looking for!

Today it has been chilly - with the highs in the upper 30's. I know for some of you - that is like a heat wave..... I am so thankful for the firewood that we had in the house already and yesterday afternoon - while the temps were in the low 70's or upper 60's - we hauled in a couple more loads of wood. We were able to bring in some of the wood from chopping down our dead trees and will be using some of them this evening.

I have made up 3 batches of gluten today - and after I finish writing this I will be going to rinse the dough in cool water- till the water runs almost clear. It will take a bit of time - but it will be well worth it when I am able to put a few batches up in the freezer for later meals. Oh tonight I made up Chicken and Dumplings for supper.

Hope you all are doing well. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)