Thursday, December 29, 2016

One Reason Why...

Last Sabbath at church I was talking to a lady named Suzanna. She works at a local book store. She told me about how when the store reopens on January 2nd, that the number one things to sell are Bibles, cookbooks, and health book. It is because so many people make New Year's resolutions to spend more time in Bible study and to get healthier and lose weight. Sad thing is that many people will give up on their resolutions before the end of January. In fact, I was doing a search about New Year's resolution success and I noticed a Washington Post had an article that stated that after "Just a week into January and a quarter of us have already abandoned our New Year's Resolutions. ...." later in the article is says, "46% will succeed or at least say we succeeded- for at least 6 months.

Suzanna went on to say that if only one or two of the people continue on in their efforts then it was worth the work of how busy they are on the 2nd.

This conversation is one of the reason's why I wanted to do a series on healthier living. Suzanna and I had another conversation that opened my eyes to something that I had been perplexed about, but that will be another post.

Maybe today would be a good day to begin to think of what goals you would like to make. In fact, to help you with that I will be sharing a little info on how to make SMART goals. Stay tuned for that. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)