Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Goals for My Week

It is very important to set goals for your self. It just might be the difference to actually getting where you want to go, or what you want to get done...done and not.

The last couple of weeks have been very busy for me- so busy in fact, that I have not had as much time to exercise and walk as I would like. So because I have had such a problem getting as much exercise in to my schedule, I decided this week I would have to set a goal and work towards it.

Sometimes you have to set goals in order to know what you are working towards. If you don't have a goal it is easier to just let those things slide. I know with my weight loss - there are times that I would probably just decide to stay where I am when I sit at a weight for a while. But because I have set a goal of how much I want to lose- 50 pounds. And I have also set a time period - I am better able to stay on task.

So this week I have decided to challenge myself to walking at least 2 times and working out with weights at least twice. The numbers are low this week because next week end my son will have his daughter and on those weekends it is harder for me to get a walk in. So I have shot low - I will do more if I get a chance. This week I have already added a workout without weights- because it was a day that I had not been able to get out and walk but wanted some exercise. It's only Tuesday and I have 1 - work out without weights, 1 - workout with weights, and 1 walk in! Will I meet my goal- it sure looks like it. And I am sure I will be able to exceed it - but if not at least I have set a goal and will hopefully accomplish it.

I have also set a couple of other goals. I have been so busy that I have let a couple of important jobs slide- things that have been on my "to do" list for several weeks. Cleaning our bird cage and our fish tank. I also have a friends quilt that I need to repair for her. It will involve cutting the quilt into 2 pieces and creating two quilts- there was a rip in the quilt and this way she will still get use out of the quilt. I also have a quilt that I have all the pieces layered - I just need to get it on my quilting machine and get it quilted. So I am hoping to accomplish it as well.

So as you can see - I have set goals for this week and I have things I am working towards. I will try to get on here maybe Friday or Sunday to let you know how the week went and what I was able to accomplish.

Do you set goals? If so I would sure like to hear about it in the comments. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)