Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love. I Corinthians 16:13, 14 NKJV

Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy, Happy

So my husband has been working on our riding lawn mower off and on for the past week - with each of our son's helping here and there. And sad to say it is still not working. But we can't say that we did not try to get it running. So I am guessing that we will be having to take it in to have it fixed some time this week. That is not something that I am happy about but at least we will hopefully have it fixed some time soon. And with the new tire- it should be easier to mow each time now when I am able to mow.

The reason I am happy? Well it's because my brother in law came by today, while he was in town with his lawn mower, and mowed our yard for us!!! Praise the Lord!! I am so very happy to have it mowed! It looks so very nice. So now we at least have some breathing room on getting our other mowers fixed.

They also have spent time over the last few days looking at our push mower- which is actually pretty new- which certainly frustrates us that it is giving us problems. But they think they have it narrowed down to having carborater problems. And then there is my reel mower- it needs the blades sharpened. Anyway we are hoping to be able to get them all fixed and running so that if we have problems with ne of them again - we will have the others as an option to use and will not be left with our yard growing - up and out of control.

SweetPea and I have had a good day. We were able to spend two hours outside earlier. I am so thankful for the area off of our back porch which is covered with trees -so there is shade and that way we are shaded from the hot sun.


Summer has seriously gotten here- I know it has been here for a couple of weeks but the temps seem to be rising and rising. There is some good news even there - so far this year we have not officially reached the triple digits yet. I am sure that we have hit 100 heat index though. We have had some oppressively hot days so far- and will continue to have them. But I am thankful for the mornings which have only been in the 80's - usually upper 80's by the time we get outside - but hey - that is SO much better then triple digits.
Dallas 7 day Forecast
SweetPea is watching a Barney moving. She loves him. She loves singing his = "I love you, you love me. We're a happy family. With a great big hug and kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love me too" - and we enjoy listening to her sing that along with many other songs.

Well her show is over and it is time to figure out what I am going to fix for everyone for supper and get her into another project. Hope you are all doing well and staying cool. By the way- how is the weather in your neck of the woods? :o)

1 comment:

  1. I now have that Barney song in my head! It's a cloudy, cold day here.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)